Monday, October 19, 2009

One Night, One Pygmies Show...

Unfortunately, this last weekend, I was only able to attend one Pygmies show... here's how it allll went down...

While at work on Friday, I was talking over the boring weekend plans I had... Pygmie-less. The ladies I worked with were shocked that, I, "Kate The Pyghead" would go an entire weekend without seeing the band. I was almost in as much shock as they were. One of the ladies asked why I couldn't see them in Montgomery, since I only live a couple of hours from there. I explained to her that I had to work the next morning, so the only way to go to the show would be to either leave early from the show, or NOT sleep. After she had put the thought in my head I weighed my options and decided, sleep, though important, is over-rated... and it was Dep's birthday, how could I NOT be there. I got off at work at 6:00 p.m. and headed straight to the Montgomery. My brother was gonna visit my Dad for the weekend, so I took him with me to Montgomery, where are plans were to rendezvous at Rock Bottom's to hand my brother off to them. We arrived at Rock Bottom's around 9:00p.m. and the bar was already starting to fill with eager fans. My Dad was running late, so my brother, Charlie, and I headed into the bar to hang out with Angel. Charlie, though a good size kid, is only 13, and does NOT pass off as someone who is of age to be in the bar. The owner let him in, with the conditions that he was not allowed to "drink too much" lol. Around 10:00 p.m. my Dad showed up, said hi to the band, and left with my brother, bound for Bay Minette, AL. The show was great, I love it when the band plays a Rock Bottom's show on a Friday. There was even a proposal on stage. After the show the band packed up the stage. I kept an eye on the time, in order for me to get to work on time I had to leave by 5:30 a.m. We headed to Waffle House around 4:30 a.m., just enough time for me to enjoy Cameron, Betsy, Turck and Christeen's company before making the long drive home. I arrived back at my house at 8:15 a.m., slept for 20 minutes, then changed and headed to work... energy drinks were my only answer to sanity... but it was well worth it!

This next week I'm going to all the shows, so the blog will have many more "exciting" things to read about! See you next week!
ktph

No comments:

Post a Comment