Friday, November 27, 2009

Long time NO write! Let's get back to BUSINESS!!

It's been a while since I've written a blog, mostly because the Pygmies have kept me really busy... well, that's not totally true, but I had to blame someone. Haha, so, here we go again!

Thursday, November 12th, the band headed to Jp's Lounge in Enterprise, AL. It was only a few hours from my house, so I headed out around 3 pm. I had heard many "horror" stories about the bar and was a little anxious on getting there to check it out for myself. I arrived around 6:30 pm. It was a good thing I had GPS or I never would have found the place. It was tucked away in the corner of a shopping center. No sign outside. In fact, the sign that WAS above the bar read "GYMNASTICS & CHEER LEADING" which made me laugh as I looked inside and saw Eddins sitting down on a bar stool, smoking a cigarette. I walked in and looked around. It was a small bar, but clean. They also had some GREAT food, not the typical bar food. They had lasagna, schnitzels, and the usual hamburgers and fries. I enjoyed some bread sticks and lasagna with DEP then headed to Hardees with Cam, Chris, Teen, and Pete to enjoy some fellowship. After that, back to the hotel to freshen up before the wild night. Many, many times before a show I find myself persuading... myself... to wear heels. Every now and then I give in, and attempt to waddle into the bar. I've never been "that" girl. lol. Tonight, I had persuaded my myself to wear them, but quickly changed into flip flops by the end of the first set. The show was great, as usual. During the break I sold many shirts to NEW fans! After the wild show, I took DEP and Angel back to the hotel and headed to Waffle House with Cameron, Brad and Teen. Following breakfast/dinner I hung out with teen for a while as we watched Dark Angel. It was after 7 a.m. and check out was 11. ewww!!!!

Friday I woke up to Angel's phone call. He needed me to take him to the bar to pick up his car. Apparently, his late night escapades and run in with the cops made it hard for him to drive his car to the hotel the night before. I then headed back to the hotel and drove with the band to Po' Folks for lunch. Well, most of the band, it was Cam, Chris, Brad and Teen. It was only a short drive to Clanton, which was our next stop. I headed north west, Pygmie show bound... again. The bar the band was playing at was called Cafe Firenze II. It was kind of hard to find. I actually passed it and had to come back. When I finally got to the bar, I scoped out the cleanliness ( which is one of my pet-peeves) and also checked out the menu, to see how good this "Cafe's" food might be. The bar was so clean, and it looked like new. Young children were allowed in the bar during the day since they served food. It was funny to see the young "Velcro Pyglits" with their parents, not knowing that many years from now, they too would be standing in the front row of a Pygmies show, anticipating the heat of the show lights and the wild rock! The guys set up the show and headed back to the hotel to get ready. I did the same. I didn't feel so good before the show. I'd like to have blamed it on the lack of sleep, but found out later it was much more than lack of sleep. By the end of the show the nausea and fever set in. I tried to ignore it, that's what being a "rock star" is all about, but the later the night got, the worse it became. The show was amazing, despite my sickness. I sat in my car with the heat blasting as the band loaded out. I had every intention of going to Waffle House, but when I got back to the hotel, I fell asleep and didn't wake up until morning. I hoped the sleep helped, but it still was a rough morning. I drove with the band to Cracker Barrel, and tried to enjoy our conversations with Chris, Brad, Cam, Pete, and Teen, but the nausea made it hard. The band and I parted ways, they had a show in Gadsden at Chestnut Station, and I had some work to do back in Daphne. I got home Saturday night and went straight to bed. It had been a rough weekend for me. I blame Christeen... but that's another blog story ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment