Monday, November 30, 2009

Hanging with the Pygs and Eatin Slop

I only went to ONE Pygmies show this weekend... I know, I know, only ONE? I have to be able to balance BOTH of my families around the holidays! So, here's what happened...

Normally I'd talk about the show I attended, but since the MOST eventful thing that happened this last weekend was at a show I did NOT attend, I'm gonna share THAT excitement first.

Friday night the band got ready to play their usual Post-Iron Bowl show. They were at the AGR fraternity house. The guys were setting up for the show and Cameron went to get some cinder blocks from outside the covered stage. As he bent down to pick them up, he stepped on a rake. Let's pause for a moment...imagine a cartoon version of Cameron... ok, back to reality. The mean 'ol rake jumped up and hit him directly between the eyes. Now, remember that cartoon Cameron? Imagine the cartoon with little tweetie birds flying around his head. ( I knew I could make you laugh). The rake left a nice shiner on one of his eyes. It looks very rugged. He also woke up Saturday morning with a wonderful headache. All I gotta say is, I wish I had the camera rolling! Only CAMERON would do that. lol

Alright, now, on with the blog... I drove directly after work to the show. It took me over 3 hours, so I got there later than usual... around 9:30 or so. I headed to McDonald's before the show, 10 pc. chicken nuggets were calling my name. I took the nuggets into the bar. ( That sounded weird if you were to read that out of context) The band had already left and were at the hotel getting ready, except for Teen, who was lagging behind and only had one word to say to me as he walked out the front door "boooooo". I have never, and probably will never, understand the importance of "boooooooing" at someone. Webster's dictionary calls it "an exclamation of contempt or disapproval" maybe someday Christeen will explain it to me. I went at the side of the stage to eat my chicken nuggets and check my email on my phone. I also texted John "Gumbo" Farrell to see what he was up to... nothing good, as usual. After an hour or so, Angel showed up to the bar, as well as Debbie and Jack. The party had officially arrived! Haha. For those of you that know Jack "The Pimp" know exactly what I'm talking about! We all stood around and talked about the LACK of fans in the bar. It made me a little worried for a while, but Pygmies fans always pull through. By midnight, the place was filled with eager fans staring at the stage, hoping to get a glimpse of a furry boot, or a converse tennis shoe. The show was AMAZING, as all Supper Club shows are! The lights, fog and entertainment are always something to brag about. There is a reason the band is number one in Auburn, they have certainly earned the title. They rocked until 4 a.m.!!! After the show, the band chatted with fans as the song "Get the F*** outta here" played over the P.A.. It was time to get back to work, tearing the stage down. I love the Supper Club, but it takes SOOOO long for them to tear down the stage there. I guess that's the price you have to pay for a great light show! Joany, Turck's wife, and I headed back to the hotel around 6 am... the band was still working, and we were tired and cold. We watched a little Roseanne on the television and waited for the band to finish up and shower so we could hit up the famous Auburn Waffle House. Brad busted through the hotel door around 7 a.m. We watched the youtube video of the Pygmies that the Supper Club took that night. Cameron was freshly showered and ready for the All-Star combo at La Casa De Waffles. We hung out at the Waffle House and enjoyed the warmth and comfort of "healthy" food. Teen left his sunglasses on the entire time. He said it was because he was tired... I think he thought he looked "cool"... or whatever you would call Teen wearing sunglasses. You can insert whatever adjective you so desire ;) I then drove ALL the way home... I can't believe I made it in one piece. Word to the wise, don't stay up over 30 hours and try to drive... it's not safe.

Until Next weekend!
And remember, help control the pet population- remind Angel to always wear a condom. ( haha, I heard that from Bob Barker on the price is right... it was worded a bit different)

KTPH

No comments:

Post a Comment