Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween with the Pygmies!!

I was unable to attend the Pygmies show Thursday night at the Warehouse in Clarkville, TN. I did here from many, many fans that it was an amazing time!

Friday I drove to Louisville, KY to see the band. I started driving around 8:00 a.m. and didn't arrive till after 6:00 p.m. needless to say, I was more than ready to be out of the car! I arrived at the bar and immediately started folding Pygmies shirts with Angel. They had gotten a brand new shipment. It took me a couple hours to fold, rubber band, organize, and label all the shirts. I finished just in time to head to the hotel with the guys. Every time they are in Louisville they stay at the Red Roof Inn. This time was no exception. I freshened up then headed to the bar with Angel to enjoy the opening band for the Pygmies. While we were listening to the band we ran across a familiar face in the crowd... Blake!! For those of you new Pygheads, Blake was the original guitarist for the Pygmies!! He had come to see his Velcro Pygmies again! Angel introduced himself with a bit of nervousness. I mean, the ORIGINAL Pygmie guitarist! lol. After chatting for a while with the "Blazeman" we headed to see the karaoke bar in the next room. All I gotta say is, the Pygmies only wish they had that kind of compassion while playing. lol. It was going on 10:30 so I started towards the stage and positioned myself at the front near Angel. The crowd was ready, and so were the Pygmies. There is something about Louisville. No matter what day of the week it is, they know how to party. It was amazing! There were even two young ladies that dressed just like Angel and Dep. They did a great job on their costumes! They even had guitars! After the show the band packed everything up. I helped... well, as much as I could. We then headed to the hotel, it was really late, and we were all tired so instead of going to Waffle House we just hit the sack. It was about 6 a.m.

Saturday, I woke up to a cell phone text message from Chris Eddins. It said, "Time to eat, bitches..." Apparently, that's how he thinks he should talk to a woman. It was only appropriate to respond with "Yeah, yeah, you old whore, I'm getting up" . Chinese food was on the menu for the day. We enjoyed our all-you-can-eat buffet while watching the Indiana University football game on the televisions. Then it was off towards Evansville, IN. Angel rode with me to Indiana. We drove straight to the bar. There was nobody there. The band guys, despite popular belief, drive really slow in their "death van". Because we had some time, Angel and I headed to the local mall. There were children everywhere in costume! It was a lot of fun to see them all dressed up. I'd have to say the cutest I saw in the mall was a little boy in a scarecrow costume. Our fun was up, time to head to the bar and set up for the rock n' roll show. Woody's bar is an easy set-up for the guys, they don't put up many lights. Angel and I decided to find a haunted house in the area and check it out. We found one, but were both WAY to afraid to go in, it was an actual haunted Insane Asylum right downtown Evansville! Instead, we all headed back to the hotel to get ready for the show for the night. I love the Holiday Inn we stay at in Evansville, it is really night, and is a great change to the dangerous, bug infested, dirty hotels we stay in sometimes! Angel and I headed back to the bar early to hear the opening band and to scope out the creative costumes the fans had decided to wear. We saw Paul Stanley, Billy Maze, the Pope, a Ghost Buster, a couple of Bret Michaels, a few pirates, a Michael Jackson, and many girls who dressed as a slutty... everything. I am sorry, maybe it's because I am a girl, but I don't think someone should when a costume contest just because they are wearing little, to nothing, and saying they're Malibu Barbie. Luckily, I was not alone in the decision, and the fans voted the Ghost Buster as the best costume. Cameron picked a young man, dressed as Officer Farva from Super Troopers, to be the "Party Barometer" Unfortunately, he did not last all night... poor guy. Chris Eddins dressed in his Marilyn MANroe costume, Dep was Jack Sparrow, Cameron was a skeleton, and Angel decided taking a shower and getting dressed was enough work for him, no need for a costume, lol. The night ended with a trip with Cam, James, Tanya, and Christeen to the Denny's located across from our hotel. Teen and I fought over ordering the Hooburito ( which I highly recommend) and we chatted about the new Kate-Hater. I headed to bed around 6:30am.

Sunday morning, I woke up, and got my bags packed to make the long journey home. Cam called me and asked me to take him back to the bar to get his s.uv. so he could get on the road. After I got back, I met up with Chris, Dep, and Angel. Christeen was probably still asleep when I left with Angel. Since we were all going the same direction, Angel helped drive back to Dep's house where they had all rendezvoused three days earlier and carpooled together. I dropped Angel off,and drove the rest of the way home. I arrived at my house about 10:00 p.m. and crashed. It had been a long weekend of driving, but it is always well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment